Halloween is the perfect opportunity to treat your family to a few of their favourite sweets! However, it’s not an excuse to let everyone indulge in endless amounts of candy. Sugary snacks can lead to oral problems if your mouth isn’t clean thoroughly afterwards! To avoid any spooky smiles this Halloween, our team has put together some tips to make your Halloween healthier!
Healthy Halloween Treat Ideas
Who ever said healthy treats couldn’t be spooktacular? Since many families are opting to stay home this Halloween, you can try making one of the following home-made treats:
- Spooky-Cute Monster Teeth from The Upside
- Boo-nana Pops from The Funny Nanny
- Tropical Candy Corn Pops from Yummy Mummy
- Banana Ghosts and Tangerine Pumpkins from Creative Healthy Family
- Pumpkin Mousse from Super Healthy Kids
Take Care Of Your Smile This Halloween
Halloween just wouldn’t feel the same without one or two sugary treats! While it’s completely fine to let your family have a sweet, make sure they all follow the recommended oral hygiene routine afterwards! Our team recommends the following steps:
- Position your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
- Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Brush your top and bottom teeth in a circular motion.
- Use a back-and-forth motion for the top of your back molars.
- You should brush for a total of 2 minutes.
- Gently use floss to release any remaining food particles.
- Rise with mouthwash.
Give Your Smile A Treat In Burnaby!
We would love to help you with your post-Halloween smile! To book your next routine dental appointment with our Burnaby dentist, Dr. Sharma, please call us at +1 (604) 423-3737. One of our team members would be happy to provide you with more information on our dental services, including cosmetic dentistry, tooth replacement, and Invisalign.